Friday, November 03, 2006

Sleeping Wonders...



Is it a wonder that this year has whooshed so quickly by? As I look at my sleeping teens, I am reminded that in a few short years they too will be leaving the nest in search of brighter horizons. They seem so dependent on me now, but it won't be long and they will have more important things to do. Classes to attend, papers to write, boyfriends and girlfriends to hang out with... bills to pay.

I ponder the moments of these sleeping wonders... for they truly are wonders. They are destined for greatness. Each one of our children is destined for greatness if we believe in them. If we believe in their creative abilities, their wonderful minds, their funny attributes, their thought processes, their ability to touch humanity.

They are wonderful creations... yes they bug the heck out of me at times, yes they challenge my authority every single day, but they are learning to be tomorrow's leaders. They are forming their idea of who they are. They are learning what frames their existence. It is my job to remind them that they have great potential, great abilities, and great ideas. It is my job to remind them that they are loved beyond measure... and it is still their job to clean up their room (hehehe).

I can't wait to see what they become... my beautiful sleeping wonders... ok, it's time to wake them up. Time for another day of leadership school... it's called life.

RamyB

2 comments:

RennyBA said...

First of all thanks for making me as a contact at MyBlogLog as I love to make blog friends all over the world! Your name is very close to mine:-)
Yes your sleeping wonders are a treasure - count your blessings and enjoy the time while they still are in the nest!

Ramy Bakke, PhD said...

I will definitely treasure them while they are still with me and far beyond their launch from my nest. Thank you for coming and reading. The town of Bakke is just north of Oslo and that is where some of my relatives are from. Others are from just south of Stavanger, and towns inbetween. I believe I still have second cousins who live there. I have to ask my aunt again to send me their information, so I can let them know.

Great to have you as a friend.

Blessings!
RamyB